There are three levels of handgun training that we 0ffer; Handgun 1 , Handgun 2 and Handgun 3. The main difference between the levels is tempo. In Handgun 1 class we go the slow to ensure everyone is SAFE, and everyone is learning the subject matter. In Handgun 2 course we speed up the tempo somewhat, and in Handgun 3 class is high tempo. Rimfire (.22 lr) firearms are OK to bring if you want instead of shooting a more expensive caliber.
HANDGUN 1 COURSE – class is approximately 5 hours long – tuition = $85.00 CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Class Size – 6 students (class is kept small to allow me the time to spend with each student)
Safety Brief – Administrative Brief
- Holster Selection Tips/Wearing your gear
- Holding the handgun
- Loading and Unloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Situational Awareness
- Color Code
- OODA Loop
- Shoot to STOP
- Shooting under time pressure
- Mindset Drills
- Bring it all together – Skills Mindset Tactics
- Your handgun with a quality holster, plus a couple of magazines (2 minimum – more preferred), and a magazine carrier (pockets work if you don’t have one of these) a good quality holster that isn’t much money is this model: http://www.unclemikes.com/products/holsters/kydex-holsters/kydex-paddle-holsters Please avoid this type: http://www.unclemikes.com/products/holsters/sidekick-holsters
- Ammo – 400 rounds
- Eye protection/Ear protection (electronic preferred)
In Handgun 1 class I get one-on-one time with each student to ensure EVERYONE understands the subject matter. Just like in the USMC, I won’t leave anyone behind, for real and in class.